About World Town Planning Day
World Town Planning Day (WTPD) is an international day celebrating the accomplishments of planners and their contributions to their communities. On November 8, planners in more than 30 countries participate in World Town Planning Day activities annually, a practice that begin in 1949.
About the Online Conference
The World Town Planning Day Online Conference is an annual event, established to allow built environment professionals from around the world to get together 'virtually' and discuss leading edge concepts.
Established in 2009, the online conference was started by a group of planning professionals from around the world, that wanted to create an international celebration for World Town Planning Day. Hosting an online conference meant that it could be shared with planners from across the globe in a cost-efficient manner. Over the years it has grown to be an annual event, and every year our audience grows, and it has built to be a key event for planners around the world to attend.
This conference is a not-for-profit event. All involved in its organization are volunteers, and all monies received from the registrations are invested in the operation of the online conference itself.
Members of the organizing committee are professionals from the planning industry, and span across the world - UK, USA, Australia, Europe, South Africa, Canada, and many other countries. The Organizing Committee changes on an annual basis, and is always seeking new members of the team that are willing to volunteer their time and skills to bringing together planners from around the world to celebrate World Town Planning Day.
- Anissia Nasr, Canadian Institute of Planners
- Michelle Brynkus, Canadian Institute of Planners
- Pablo Molina Alegre, La Asociación Española de Técnicos Urbanistas, Federacion Iberoamericana Urbanistas
- Carolina Ortega Ramirez, Garrigues
- Rachelle Alterman, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology
- Cygal Pellach, International Academic Assoc on Planning, Law and Property Rights
- Viviana Rubbo, International Federation for Housing and Planning
- Regitze Marianne Hess, International Federation for Housing and Planning
- Sou Souvanny, American Planning Association - International Division
- Gitta Pap, American Planning Association - International Division
- Emily Fultz, American Planning Association - International Division
- Martin Lewis, The South African Council for Planners
- Virna Bussadori, European Council of Spatial Planners
- John Robert Etherington, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain.
- Victoria Clemente Lafuente, Garrigues
- Marion Frederiksen, The Royal Town Planning Institute